To exercise the right to a cash benefit, a foreigner, an unemployed person whose employment was terminated without their fault or consent may apply to the Croatian Employment Service (HZZ) if a temporary stay in the Republic of Croatia has been granted.
A foreigner applies to HZZ according to the approved temporary residence.
HZZ, in determining the unemployment rights, also applies agreements on social insurance concluded by the Republic of Croatia with other countries.
Valid agreements on social insurance containing the provisions on unemployment are concluded with:
– Bosnia and Herzegovina
– The Republic of Serbia
– The Republic of Montenegro
– The Republic of Macedonia
– The Republic of Turkey.
According to agreements on social insurance concluded with other countries, only the insurance period for unemployment benefits is added, provided that the unemployed person has ceased employment in the Republic of Croatia and provided that such person was employed or insured in the Republic of Croatia for a certain period before the filing of the application.
In order to realise the right to unemployment benefit in the Republic of Croatia, an unemployed person from one of the above-mentioned states must meet the following conditions:
- The condition regarding previous employment,
- The condition of previous employment in the Republic of Croatia,
- The employment relationship must not be terminated due to his or her fault or will / self-employment cannot cease without any justified reasons,
- Must be registered with the competent local office of the Croatian Employment Service within the statutory deadline and apply for unemployment benefit.